Artwork that Connects
Established in 2015 and named after Yvonne Humble the founder of Rosetta Arts, the gallery responds to the cultural life in and around Newham, connecting the diverse cultural communities of the borough through art and the work of artists based locally and from across the diaspora.
Our vision is to inspire and connect with people in our communities with art that resonates and is in dialogue with their own cultural lives.
- The Humble Gallery is a space where anyone is welcome to visit.
- We commit to a quality of work that must be capable of inspiring people who may not regularly engage with art.
- To provide a supportive environment in which ideas are shared and respected.
- Offer stimulating experiences.
- Treat artists, visitors and colleagues with equal respect.
Director & Curator
Trisha is a commercially trained photographer who spent six years working in the Art and Antiques Unit, part of the organised crime group based at New Scotland Yard, researching and locating stolen works of art. After leaving the Met Police, Trisha worked as a photographer and teacher, joining Rosetta Arts as Centre Director in 2007. In 2008 she completed teacher training at City Lit and in 2012 studied Visual Arts at Birkbeck University and completed a foundation in Art and Business at Sotheby’s Institute.
Proudly Supported by